How’s everybody doing and it’s 8 days into 2015 already? Eeeeeeck! Is your head still abuzz with the word “resolution”? Fret not as it is not an absolute do or die action as the clock chimes on every 31st December.
The Oxford Dictionary defined resolution as the following.
- A firm decision to do or not to do something:
- The quality of being determined or resolute:
- The action of solving a problem or contentious matter:
- The process of reducing or separating something into constituent parts or components.
- The smallest interval measurable by a telescope or other scientific instrument; the resolving power.
I believed for most of us, the explanation 1-3 are more likely of what we have in mind. While item 4-5 are bonus in learning new meanings of resolution. I have seen many a friend who is frustrated or uptight with the mention of this word towards the new year. Now you know what resolution means. So, what resolution is not?
Resolution is NOT
- a drastic 180 degree change but making a small shift of one bothering item in your life one at a time.
- writing a list but evaluate your immediate focus.
- just for you but what you can do for others too.
- for global announcement but possibly to mentors who will help you through all the way.
- adding trophy to your drawer but adding meanings to your life.
- a year end activity but any time that change is so desire.
- what others expect you to be but who do you want to be.
- to follow a trend but setting your standards.
- a trap to paralyse but a frame of mind to free our self-made limitations.
Perhaps a comic for your chuckle. See, everybody has a different ideas on resolution.
Ooops, it’s now 10 days into the new year as I leave my fingers off my keyboard for this edition. Smile & feel the inner radiation in yourself. I would like to hear what you like to work on for yourself if you like to share.
Photo Credit : WikiProgress